Sunday, May 31, 2015

Should we hold a caption contest?


The big Automate show has come and gone, but it lives on forever online. As you may know, Vision Systems Design magazine presented awards for special achievement in the machine vision realm at the show. What you may not know is that there is a slideshow of these presentations on the www.vision-systems.com website.

Now I’m not a talented photographer, so I shouldn’t criticize, but I won’t let that hold me back. And perhaps the photographer was elbowed out of the prime position, and perhaps he/she had some serious lag between pressing the button and the image being acquired, but seriously, these are some amateur photos.

On the other hand, some are really rather funny. Like the one of Andy Wilson pushing his glasses back up his nose. (Now you want to look, so here’s the link: http://www.vision-systems.com/articles/2015/03/slideshow-2015-innovators-awards-honoree-reception/gallery.html\)

So I think we should have a caption contest. Let’s see who can come up with the most amusing speech bubbles. Send me an edited/marked up screen shot and I just may publish the one that’s most amusing (after getting permission from Andy of course!)

And sincere congratulations to those award recipients. Well done! I shall be looking closely at your products and services in the weeks ahead.

No comments: